Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sketchwalk at the North (From Vigan to Pagudpod) Part II


Day 3 

     On this day we went further north to to Pagudpod. It was non-stop rain and wind.

First stop, Kabigan falls. We've  walked through  fields and hills to get here while it is raining but it is worth it .


Timmangtang Rock
Bantay Abot Cave
Patapat Viaduct
Bangui Windmills. The wind here is so strong that it felt like thousand grains of sand are being blowdarted into your skin. Nice View here though really but impossible to sketch.
     Only after we have reached Cape Bojeador lighthouse that the weather became suitable for sketching. Finally.
Cape Bojeador Lighthouse
I was lucky my initial drawing was over  when a pickup truck  parked in front of  me. Oh well.
 
Cape Bojeador lighthouse


Our last stop before e went back to Laoag:


Kapurpurawan rock formation. The picture looks deceptively serene but the wind here is so strong it felt like there is a typhoon.






Day 4
    
     Here we go Vigan, last stop!

Sketching the bell tower

Impressions on the pavement
Some sketching action! Unfortunately the original  "kalesa" left after I made my first marks, I continued using the one in the picture. Amazingly as soon as I have finished, the same "kalesa " returned to the same exact position.
Sketch of the kalesa  while the driver is waiting for passengers
Calle Crisologo at night

After watching the famed "dancing fountain" we are off to Manila.


     Sketching and traveling. What a wonderful experience! I know I have to do this again. This trip has taught me new things to make adjustment to my sketching gear. I'll remember to travel a little more lighter next time.
     I would like to thank our generous host and their families for having us and making this trip possible. Thank you Ren and Kat. Thank you Francis for setting up this trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment