Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Sketchwalk at the North (From Vigan to Pagudpod)

     I've have never been anywhere really far nor have done any traveling and I know I'm missing a lot. Incidentally, a friend who loves to travel, is going north during the holidays. Going north fits my limited budget plus there are lots of interesting sites to do sketching. We have decided to leave on December 19 since it is the last day of work. 

Our meeting spot is McDonald's in Katipunan. I came early to avoid traffic so while waiting, I did some sketching  there.




Day 1 

     We visited the City of Laoag first, since a friend who will be hosting our stay resides in that city.


This the first place we've visited, Sitio Remedios in Curimao. It is a beach resort designed to look old using re-purposed parts from old houses from the Spanish period.

I'm not quite sure sure how long we will be staying so I wast not able to add color to this sketch.

Sketching the Paoay Church.

As a last stop in the afternoon we've decided to try riding a 4x4 on the sand dunes of La Paz.
La Paz Sand Dunes

It is nearly sunset, and wasn't able to do any sketching. I reckon I would be to dangerous to carry anything while riding a 4x4 on a 45 degree slope!



     At the end of the ride, everyone was to tired to do anything else. The thrill of riding a 4x4 beats any roller coaster ride I've had in the past!


Day 2

The day started with this breakfast. Believe it or not, all three plates just totals Php 60.00! The taste even rivals the most pricey food I have tasted.



Our next destination.


I forgot the name but I think it is in Solsona.


Solsona-Apayaw road.
Sta Monica Church
Sta Monica Church bell tower.


Inside Sta. Monica Church
The famed Sinking Bell Tower of Laoag
     I wasn't able to sketch on this day since I wasn't sure how long we will be staying in one place so I just took pictures instead. 

There are still lot of pictures to be sorted out so I just have to continue on my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment