Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sketching with fellow artist from Gameloft

     After seeing me doing sketching for a while, fellow artist whom  I have used to worked with contacted me to do sketching together. Initially there is this feeling of discomfort and uneasiness of sketching on location and being seen in public. But after the initial sketch, they have gotten  used to it. The original plan of three hours of sketching became a whole day of sketching!

This is very reminiscent of my first sketchwalk. It seems to be a good place to start with the benches around it and few onlookers.


Sketching action with Mr anonymous refusing to show his face :D
The sketches after
Next stop: Manila Cathedral
We tried to sketch the kalesa and horses previously but ended up transferring into a more sketching friendly spot. The kalesa kept moving anyway.
Rizal Park. I forgot to take pictures of the subjects they were drawing. Up to this point we haven't eaten anything substantial.
They drew the bust around the fountain. I sketched the people having picnic around.
     I think they've enjoyed the sketchwalk  and probably conquered their fear of sketching in public. Hopefully I could convince them to join Urban Sketchers Philippines, but that's another story. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment