Thursday, January 29, 2015

SketchWalk at Navotas Fish Port

     A friend I met though Urban Sketchers Philippines happens to be a great watercolor artist and a passionate painter. We've decided to paint around  Navotas, Fish Port area in Manila. The first location we visited that looks like a shipyard has a good sketching spot from every conceivable view. The place seems intimidating at first, but once you start sketching all your worries goes away and the only thing that matters is simply capturing the beautiful scenery in front of you.

This large ship is currently being repaired.
Fisherman's boats with different colors
Still more sketching spots further down the road!

11" x 15" watercolor on paper
This kid who enthusiastically watched as I paint, willingly posed and assisted  me with the picture taking afterwards.
16" x 11.5" watercolor on paper. I was quite pressured on doing the second sketch since the sun is  going down fast  and is already 4 p.m.when I started. I glad somehow it worked out fine.
     
The sketchers - photo courtesy by Amado


     It was a very nice experience and I would be looking forward to doing more sketches in these locations. I'll just remember to bring a hat next time for sun protection :)
    Many thanks to Amado for this amazing sketchwalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment