Wednesday, March 4, 2015

February 2015 Sketchwalk

     This February the sketchwalk was held around Binondo area, to take advantage of the Chinese New Year celebration. I came early to take advantage of the sunlight and and of course the food! I was hoping to find a good spot to sketch that is related to the New Year celebration but it proved to be quite a challenge. Even if it is already 2 days after the New Year, there is still heavy traffic of people and vehicles.

My first stop for a warm up, Tomas Pinpin cor. Gandara Sts.. A group of people working on machine parts. This has always been one of my favorite subject, people at work. Lamy ink smeared with a waterbrush.



I returned to Carvajal St. in an attempt to capture the 4 o'clock light peeking into the  narrow alley. It is already about 4 pm and I'm losing the lighting fast.
After going around for a while I ended up in Binondo plaza with the other sketchers. Nadja provided me with a sample of leftover paper from the Ayala sketching session for testing.


No comments:

Post a Comment