Friday, March 6, 2015

Makati Central Fire Station

     Depending on the location, there will be a different experience from the kind people whose curiosity you will attract while you sketch or paint. Generally, here in the Philippines, most people are not used to seeing other people doing art on the street. One could get a mixture of reaction from admiration to some awful comments, or worst like being confronted by a security guard and asked to leave. I'm glad, I haven't experienced the latter, but in this sketching session it was fortunate that my friend knew someone from around the place since the security guards started roaming  the moment we started.

A shot of our work in progress


    For this piece, I have use the flat brush for the first time which I found out is very useful for hard edged structures like buildings and windows. From now on I'll always carry one!

Makati Central Fire Station, 11"x15" watercolor on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment