Monday, March 2, 2015

A Little Diversion

Happy First Birthday Steve!
 
    For a friends son's first birthday, whose theme is "robots", I was asked to make a robot from Styrofoam to be used as a backdrop piece. A project I really love doing since I used to do miniature models in high school. 

The robot template. I had to make sure the measurement are right and converted it to the correct scale. As it was said, measure twice cut once.



Like they do in professional kitchens, " Mise en place",  meaning everything in place. I dont know if this term is appropriate to in other disciplines.
Pieces cut to size and shape.
Swatch matching before painting
Painted and ready to assemble!
The assembled piece on display. A happy birthday greeting printout is supposed to be placed on the chest but there wasn't enough time. Photo courtesy of Ms. Charo Amable 
      If there was really enough time I could have made the robot into a 3d standee. As it was more challenging and fun. I bet the children at the party would love it too.

     I'll take this opportunity to post a related project commissioned by a company for their annual meeting sometime ago. It took me about two weeks to complete since I have a day job, but it was fun to make!

This tank is about 2 meters long.

No comments:

Post a Comment