Tuesday, June 9, 2015

More Gouache Exercises

     Even at my second attempt at gouache, it still feels intimidating to me. As I lay down my first strokes, I'm unsure of what the outcome would be. I feel the face is a little bit off in the final image. Even though I had a tight drawing, painting in gouache covers your initial line work and I was forced just to wing it as I go on. There are methods and techniques to counter this, but I want to learn a different method and not be dependent on my initial drawing. Just the same I enjoyed doing this and I think it turned out okay. 
     For this exercise, I attempted to do a Game of Thrones character. Image referenced from a Google search.

10" x 7.5" Shinhan Pass on watercolor paper
     It took me about 3 hours total in 1 hour intervals. For my first serious attempt and info gouache, kindly see  my previous post.
    

2 comments:

  1. Hello! :) I'm really glad I came across your informative blog. I'm trying to have some sort of watercolor sketchbook habit, and your posts are very helpful. Looking forward to your future posts! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean,
      Thank you. I'm glad you've found my post helpful. Happy painting. :)

      Delete