Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Life Drawing Session with Omart Life Drawing Group

     I was invited by an artist friend Eric David to join a life drawing session with the Omart Life Drawing Group Last Sunday. I'm glad I went. Most of the participants were seasoned artist, yet the ambiance was relaxing and inspiring. Classical music was even playing in the background as we draw!
     We started by warming up first to 5 minute poses and proceeded with 20 minute poses. 

20 minute pose
another 20 minute pose

The same pose in another view
    This time around I did remember to bring the largest sketch pad I can, and used pastel sticks instead of pencils. Why? My practice with drawing suggest that its is easy to capture the gesture and cover a large area in a short time. Using a bigger sketchbook gives you the freedom of movement that is a bit difficult in a small sketchbook.
     The end of the drawing session prompted the start of the music jam with Heber Bartolome  and his Banyuhay band.

Warming up
My sketch of the group while they are playing music.I'm lucky enough to capture this before they changed position and before the sun goes down Sketched using watercolor pencils and waterbrush.
Another artist joined in before leaving, whom I sketch in pen and ink.

      It was a fun experience overall. Many thanks to Eric David for inviting me and Edd Aragon for sharing his wonderful studio. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment