Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November Sketchwalk at the Ayala Triangle Gardens


      For a different experience, Urban Sketchers Philippines decided to do a night sketching at the Ayala Triangle. It would also be my first time sketching/painting a night scene and I wasn't really sure how things would work out. As much as I tried to mentally prepare myself for the challenges ahead, there were still a lot of surprises. First, there was this issue of insects being attracted to the portable lights and landing on our faces! Fortunately, my sketch mate brought some insect repellent lotion. Second, there was also this case of a group of curious passersby asking so many questions. I never thought there would be so much onlookers and some even decided to sit beside us until we were finished. Thirdly, I found out that the gear I brought for the night's session, was too heavy that when I started drawing or painting a stroke, my hands were shaking that I couldn't draw/paint a decent line. But I finished nonetheless and enjoyed the experience.



Everyone else gathering for a group shot of all the works




My fellow sketcher trying a different view


There were lots of people almost  blocking the view :)



I tried my best to focus on shape, value and lighting. I still feel that something is lacking but my brain ran out of juice :D




No comments:

Post a Comment