Saturday, August 9, 2014

Manila Zoo Sketchwalk



     I haven't been in Manila Zoo since grade school so I thought now is the time to revisit the place. It was just an impulsive move since I have the free time after visiting my dentist. Fortunately I have my sketch kit with me, Sketch Kit Mark III! 


Sketch kit Mark III.  Mark II didn't even made it to the field test. After weeks of effort in painting the Altoids tin, I was disappointed the it just easily chipped off on the slightest bump. Besides, it is still a little too big and thick for my taste.
My office mate who is also a watercolor enthusiast gave me a small candy tin. Notice the manly color. It was very small though that it fits comfortably in my pocket. Now that’s stealth sketching.
    



      I was amazed at the number of people visiting, I guess it has something to do with the new animals they have acquired. I just hope they are properly taken care of.

     Having gained confidence from my previous sketching session, I felt that I’m more in control of my strokes. People doesn't distract me as much, unless they become too curious that their faces comes within one foot of mine. It was fun. I even had some kids and adults following me as I go and search for the next spot.

     Based on these experience I thought that the sketch kit still needs to be improved as to provide an even more comfortable painting experience. More on that on my next post, Sketch Kit Mark IV!

No comments:

Post a Comment